So this afternoon, I wanted to toss a salad out all the veggies from the refrigerator. I like my salads crisp and with some element of sweet in it. So I started to toss the salad with the following ingredients
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 4 sweet mini peppers, chopped
- 1/2 a cup, blueberries, washed
- 1/2 a cup, grapes
- 6 stems of cilantro, chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon, dried mint leaves (powder)
- garlic salt to taste
- fresh lemon juice to taste
- Toss them all in a bowl and mix.
The garlic salt, lemon juice, basil, cilantro and dried mint leaves gave the salad such a good flavor, while the fruits added a little bit of sweet and tangy element. The onions and the bell peppers gave it the crunch it needed and overall it turned out to be a really delicious and a good source a raw bowl of fruits and vegetables.
I am sure one can you so many different variations with this by adding carrots, cherry tomatoes, green chilies, oranges, mangoes, pineapples etc. etc. I can’t wait to try another version with different ingredients. Let me know your favorite version.