With A going crazy about all the Halloween objects and shapes that he can identify these days, I had to try these Sweet Potato Jack-O-Lantern Fries from Babble. I have to admit that although my condiments were different, they turned out to be amazing and a super hit at home. Like always, not only did my 2 year old nibble on it but also the rest of us, parents and grandparents.
- Wash a Sweet Potato thoroughly.
- Peel it.
- Slice out a slight ‘V’ shaped portion from the Sweet Potato.
- Cut a ‘V’ shaped slice out of the Sweet Potato.
- Slice the Sweet Potato. Use a knife to crave out the Jack-O-Lantern shapes on each of the slice. In a zip lock bag, take a teaspoon of oil and to it add 1/4th teaspoon of salt. I also added a pinch of crushed black pepper powder (optional) and a pinch of cinnamon powder (optional). Make sure the oil and the other condiments are well coated on the slices.
- Lay each slice on the cookie sheet like above.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake them for 15 minutes. Once baked, allow them to cool and they will get crispy.