It’s that time of the year, when everyone here in the United States is in the fall festive mood of Thanksgiving. Last weekend, we had our first Thanksgiving potluck and I offered to take some kind of an Autumn Salad. I decided to make my own variation of the Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad and add some more fall fruits like Pomegranate, Pears and Pecans. Trust me when I say this, there was nothing left of the salad as ir broke the everybody relished it.
- 8 cups of lettuce, chopped
- 3 apples, chopped
- 2 pears, chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 12 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup poppy seed salad dressing (more or less, as per taste)
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette (more or less, as per taste)
- Mix all the ingredients together, the lettuce, apples, pears, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, pecans, poppy seed salad dressing along with the vinaigrette.
- Garnish the salad with some feta cheese and pomegranate seeds and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
I like tha,t the lettuce and the nuts gives the salad the crunch it needs. The fruits enhance the taste with their sweetness. The cheese adds the savory taste , the dressings give it the flavor. Lastly the pomegranate seeds give it the juicy elements as you bite the seeds.
- Poppy seed salad dressing has a strong taste so use it carefully.
- Too much of dressing will make the salad soggy.