It’s fast, it’s easy and it’s tasty. It’s packed with nutrients and you can any number of combinations with seeds, dried fruits & grains. Lucky for me that A isn’t allergic to nuts and loves trail mix at school. Today I wanted to make my own trail mix from some of the ingredients I had at home. I made a very basic and simple version with the following ingredients
- Black Raisins – Good source of fiber, helps gain weight in a good way, helps in bone formations , absorption of Calcium, helps in Anemia.
- Chopped Almonds – Helps develop and maintain brain health, strengthens immune system, good for the heart.
- Chopped Cashews – Boots immune system, promotion of red blood cells, provide phosphorous which is for healthy development of teeth and bone.
- Peanuts – Antioxidant that is a rich source of Protein and Vitamin
- Walnuts – Rich in Omega 3, and a good source of monounsaturated fatty acid,and improves metabolism
- Chocolate Chips – This is optional. Ofcourse I used these as a treat along side the other healthy ingredients. Although the healthier option is Dark Chocolate, since I ran out it I used some white.
Note – Excessive consumption of Trail Mix is considered as ‘Dangerfood’ due to its high caloric composition, so moderation is good.