Muffins are A’s favorite. So much so that if he had it his way he could eat Muffins for every meal. Every time we are grocery shopping, if A spots Muffins he wants me to put them in the shopping cart. When I don’t he will try to be all cute and start singing ‘ Do you know the Muffin man?’. At that point my heart invariably melts and I always explain to him that we will bake some muffins at home.
So during his Christmas break, we made some egg less banana blueberry muffins.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4th cup oil
- 1/4th cup milk
- 1/4th cup yogurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh is possible)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (organic if possible)
- Muffin cups
- In a mixing bowl mix the oil,yogurt and milk together.
- To the all purpose flour add baking soda, baking power and the milk – yogurt mixture.Whisk together.
- To this add the mashed bananas, blueberries, sugar and lightly mix the ingredients together. Please do not whisk too much, once the blueberries have been added. The secret of good muffins is less mixing.
- Use an ice cream scoop to pour batter into muffin cups. Fill only 2/3rd of the cup with batter.I used the 24 mini muffin pan.
- Preheat the oven at 350F / 180C for 15 minutes. Bake the muffins for around 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.