Most mornings, when you are in a rush, bread is always the first things that comes to mind. Just a couple of slices of bread can be toasted in the toaster. Spread some butter or jam and you are all set for the day to kick off.
If you are bored with the regular bread, butter and jam breakfast. Try this recipe of the veggie cheese toast. It’s quick, easy and can be prepared ahead of time as well.
- 1/2 cup chopped peppers / capsicums
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup shredded Cheese or cheese slice
- 1 /4 cup chopped Tomato (optional)
- 1 cut Avocado (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Cilantro (optional)
- Chop the bell pepper, onion, tomato and avocado. Since I had sweet mini peppers I used those.
- Mix the peppers, onions and cheese together. If using cheese slice, just mix the onion and peppers. I usually make a batch of this mixture the previous night or it can be refrigerated and stores for a week.
- Take a slice of bread. If using cheese slices, place a slice of cheese on the bread or else sprinkle the mixture of peppers, onions and shredded cheese.
- Evenly place a few cubes of cut tomatoes. Too much of tomato, will make the toast soggy.
- Evenly place some cubes of cut avocado.
- Sprinkle some salt and black pepper.
- Garnish it with cilantro.
- If using and OTG (Oven Toaster Griller), toast it for 10 mins at 400 F If using an Oven, preheat the oven at 400 F for 15 mins and then cook it for another 10 mins.
The above Pictures are taken before toasting the slice of bread. Since my camera battery died, I couldn’t take any pictures of the actual toasted version. Like I said earlier, it was a rushed up morning and A was throwing a tantrum to go to school.
Enjoy your favorite veggies on your choice of bread to kick start a busy morning.