Born to a Punjabi family, I have grown up eating all kind of pokadas (fritters). However, this one is my personal favorite. I had stopped making and consuming these, because they needed to be fried. Thanks to the appe pan, I can make these quick and easy pakodas for my family again. While there’s a huge variety of crunchy pakoras, these No Fry Egg Pakodas / Egg Fritters made in appe pan are enough to give you a head start in the mornings or make your evenings crisp with a hot cup of tea.
A protein-rich and spicy alternative to French Fries, No Fry Egg Pakodas / Egg Fritters made in appe pan is a fried snack found across South Asia donning different names: pakoda in China and Kannada, baji in Malayalam and Tamil, and pakodi in Telugu.
The term pakora is applicable in Hindi, Punjabi, and Bengali, and is the most popular term used around the world to refer to the Indian-style fritters.So lets get started with the recipe 😀
- Make a smooth batter by adding a cup of water to the besan / chickpea flour .
- Add chilly powder, cilantro,chopped onions, red chilly powder, carom and salt to taste.
- Cut the boiled eggs into half.
- Pour a few drops of oil into the cavities of the appe pan/Aebleskiver pan and heat it.
- Dip the eggs in the besan batter and drop them in the pan. Cook each side for approx. 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Once the batter is cooked, sprinkle some chaat masala and serve it with either chilly sauce or mint chutney.
- If you are in a rush in the mornings, you could even make some wraps from it to-go. Enjoy these No Fry Egg Pakodas / Egg Fritters with ketchup.