This light and crispy No Fry Sabudana Vada /Tapioca Fritters is not only a fun snack to eat, but is also among the preferred foods during fasting days and festivals like Navratri. In my household, No Fry Sabudana Vada/Tapioca Fritters is also served for breakfast and sometimes the kids love to pack it for their lunches.
- 1 cup sago / sabudana/soaked overnite
- 1/2 cup peanuts, shelled, roasted, crushed in a chopper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro / dhaniya, chopped
- 1-2 tsp green chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 medium boiled potatoes, grated
- salt to taste
- Wash , rinse & soak Sabudana in a little water, just enough to cover it.
- Allow to soak overnight or for 5 to 6 hrs
- Add roasted peanuts, cilantro & Green chillies in a food processor ,grind it to coarse powder
- Now add the soak sabudana, mashed potatoes, lime juice,sugar, salt, crushed peanuts mixture, & cilantro.
- Mix carefully mix and make small balls with this mixture.
- Add some oil into the cavities of the appe pan and let it heat.
Place the vade / fritters in each cavity for aprox. 10-12 minutes on medium heat. Make sure your consistently turn sides, to evenly let them color.
- Serve the No Fry Sabudana Vada /Tapioca Fritters with green peanut chutney or yogurt.