Who says Fudge cannot be tasty and healthy? Presenting “No Chocolate fudge”… Yes you read it correctly 🙂 ,that is ready in minutes, really soft, tasty, and how can I forget the important part, healthy. Well I will let the cat out of the bag. I have once again used the super food Amaranth flour/Rajgira. If you don’t have this flour in your pantry, get it on your shopping list now. It is gluten free, guilt free..Do I need to say more 🙂 Please do try it and let us know how it turns out.
- 1 cup Amaranth flour/Rajgira atta
- 1/2 cup dried coconut flakes. Pulse in a blender with some almonds few times to make coarse flour
- few almonds/optional
- 1/4 cardamom powder/vanilla essence
- 6-8 Tbsp maple syrup/Honey/Agave
- 1 teaspoon oil
- If you are allergic to almonds please use appropriate nuts .
- If you are observing fast you can use honey and cardamon powder instead of maple syrup and vanilla essence.
- In a wide pan, add the amaranth flour and heat on medium heat.
- Dry roast until the flour gets fragrant and changes color. 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low-medium. Add coconut flakes( i wish you could smell this right now ),add oil and cardamom do not add if using vanilla.
- Roast for few more minutes so the coconut flakes release some oil mis it well.
- Add the maple syrup mix into the flour mixture to get a very soft dough consistency.
- keep mixing and cook for a minute. A soft dough will form.
- Transfer the dough onto wax paper and flatten it out using a spatula or hands. Top with roasted almond slivers and some coconut.
- Cut it into desired shapes.(ok I am not teasing but I wish you could taste this right now)
- Cool and store in airtight container for a few days.