Sudden pizza craving??? Whip these up to deal with the cravings at snack time .
Everytime R2 is back from school and wants a quick snack ,this is go-to recipe 🙂
Ready in 1 minute.YES!! you read it correctly, no need to spend time and money on those expensive ready to eat snacks bought from the stores .
You can use any of your favorite pizza toppings on these crackers
Its a great after school snack or for get -togethers.
You can have your own topping bar and your guest can make their own pizza
- 8 square whole-wheat crackers/ wheat thins
- 3 tbsp marinara/pasta sauce or just use tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp shredded cheese/mozzarella/four cheese
- A dash of Italian seasoning / celery seeds / optional
- 3 tbsp broccoli pesto sauce (I prefer making my pesto at home and mostly I always have a batch in my refrigerator, ingredients below)
- Few broccoli florets /steamed
- 3 garlic
- 5-6 almonds
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Few drops of lime juice
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- dash of celery seed(optional )
Did you know
Pesto can be made by lot of different greens and nuts of your choice.Pesto means “crushed or pounded”. Pesto is always made to taste, based on the ingredients at hand. So adjust the ingredients to your taste. We love to make Spinach, Cilantro pesto as goes very well with pasta ,wraps and sandwich
Instructions to make Broccoli Pesto
- Add in the steamed broccoli, almonds, garlic,celery seed and parmesan cheese in a chopper and make a fine paste.
- Add in the olive oil and salt to taste. You can keep it in the fridge for upto 2 weeks
Instructions to make Pizza Bites
- Top crackers with some marinara sauce /pasta sauce top it with broccoli pesto then top it with some shredded cheese.
- Place crackers on a microwave oven safe plate ,microwave it for 30 seconds to 1 minute