It’s so true that kids love anything and everything given to them on a popsicle stick. My 2.5 yr old has even relished spiced herbal infusions in the form of a popsicle. However this time I am going for his favorite Mango Lassi. Well folks back home in India, would have never heard of this before, right? Just like I didn’t know of it until I moved to the United States. Back home there is no such thing as Mango Lassi. What is popular back home, is the regular blend of Lassi made out of yogurt, water & spices. This holds true for atleast the time until I left India. Anyways for those of you who have’t tried Mango Lassi, I have to admit it is a must try. With the Mango season being at it’s peak, go cool yourself with this delectable Mango Lassi-cle. Not happy with the pics as it was a gloomy day outside and I had to use my phone to take the pictures.
- 1 cup of Mango pulp
- 1 cup of honey flavored greek yogurt
- Cardamom powder to taste
- Agave nectar to taste
- Popsicle mold or ice cube tray
- Note : You can also use regular thick strained yogurt in this recipe and sweeten it with honey / agave / sugar. Using thick yogurt ensures the popsicle isn’t too icy from the water content. You can make this recipe as per your taste by adding or reducing either the mango pulp or yogurt.
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Pour into popsicle molds.
- Allow them to freeze.
- Relish them on a warm sunny day as your dessert or mid afternoon snack.