Sesame Vegetable Gold Coin !! What was the first thought that came across your mind ?? “Fried” right?. I used to make them when I was in India on a regular basis whenever there was a kitty party or if some unannounced guests dropped by ;) It’s a popular appetizer prepared on many occasions using Veggies like Potatoes, Carrot etc and Bread. It looks awesome, appealing and tastes fabulous as well. So today I planned to share this tasty appetizer No Fry Sesame Vegetable gold coin recipe with all of you. Now here is the caveat, it is not fried and I have made them in Appe pan. Ever since I have started using appe pan, I have been enjoying all my favorite fried recipes guilt free. So…. Enjoy these No Fry Sesame Vegetable gold coin!!
- 3 slices Bread / I have used whole wheat bread
- 1 medium Carrots/ finely chopped
- 1 large Potatoes / boiled/mashed
- cilantro/Coriander leaves
- green bell pepper/finely chopped
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1 small onion/finely chopped
- 2 tbsp seeds/ til
- Salt to taste
- black Pepper to taste
- Add the corn,carrot,bell pepper,onion and cilantro in a food chopper.
- Mash the boiled potato ,add in the chopped veggies and salt & pepper to taste.
- I had a bigger cookie cutter so had to improvise :) I used a cap of a milk carton .
- Made four disc in 1 slice of bread.Perfect :D
- Spoon the veggie mixture on top of the bread.
- Pat some sesame seeds generously on the veggies. They stick no need of cornstarch and water mixture.
- Heat the appe pan, add in some oil turn down the heat in medium flame.
- Add in the coins cook it for few mins on each side till the color changes to golden.
- Serve No Fry Sesame Vegetable gold coin hot or warm with ketchup or green chutney
Note:Can make them in a non stick pan or bake them too
This is the Appe pan we use for making all our appe recipes