VEGETARIAN OMELETTE / EGGLESS OMELETTE / BESAN KA CHEELA
Most of the people from and around Maharashtra might know this simple and tasty vegetarian omelet.Basically they are made with gram flour, tomatoes, onions and indian herbs and spices. Simple and easy to make, it can be put together in no time. Its very filling and protein rich.Another thing I love about this omelette is they extremely versatile.You can change the veggies you add to it .As I did by adding Beetroot my boys loved it :) Even gave R2 in his lunch box but in a wrap. He loved it!!
On with the recipe… Hope you enjoy beetroot veggie omelette as much as we did
- 1/2 cup gram flour/besan
- 1 medium beetroot/finely chopped or grated
- 1 small tomato/ finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion/ finely chopped
- 1 small size carrot/finely chopped
- 2-3 green chilli/ finely chopped/adjust according to taste
- cilantro leaves/finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin seed/zeera
- salt as required
- 6 Slice of whole wheat bread/or any of your choice
- Avocado chutney ( will post the Avocado Chutney recipe in few days)
- Shredded cheese/cheese slice
- sliced Cucumber
- Mix all the ingredients together, except oil in a bowl.Now slowly add water,little by little at a time.
- Mix well so that there are no lumps in the batter.
- Heat a tawa or non-stick pan. Grease it with few drops of oil or butter.
- Pour a ladle of batter at the centre and spread evenly to form a square :) Coz i dnt have to cut the edge to fit in the sandwich :D
- Add some oil drops on the edges of the omelette.Cook on medium heat it its done.
Building the club sandwich is up-to you
You an use mayo,cheese slice,mint chutney.lettuce etc etc….
- Toast the bread cut the edges ,apply the avocado chutney.
- Then some shredded cheese, beetroot omelette and the sliced cucumber place the other toast on it and cut it in desired shape.
- Enjoy this amazing savory pancake just as it is or with some bread or as R3 loves it rolled in his chapathi