So R2 and R3 have a sweet tooth…need to confess ME too :D
Have a craving for something yummy? Try this fabulous recipes…Dessert made with whole wheat!
More nutritious…less guilt!
Making a few easy substitutions in your diet helps you reap the nutritional benefit of whole-wheat flour without sacrificing the foods you love. When you bake at home, try using a mix of whole-wheat and white flours for cookies, muffins and cakes, and opt for 100-percent whole-wheat flour to make homemade bread. At the grocery store, check your bread labels to select loaves made with 100 percent whole wheat — this bread is made using whole-wheat flour, whereas those labeled simply “whole-wheat” might contain a mix of whole wheat and white flours.
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pineapple essence
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pineapple slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Mix powdered sugar and Yogurt and beat well.
- Add baking powder and baking soda. Keep it for few minutes.
- The mixture will become frothy and will rise up.
- Add oil and essence and mix well.
- Add whole wheat flour in two parts.
- Do not mix too much.
- The batter should be smooth.
- Add pineapple pieces ,give a final stir.
- Pour the batter in the cupcake pan. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 400*F degrees .
- Reduce the temperature to 365*F and bake for 25 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- The only heart I would break :P
- Top it up with some whipped cream and cherry… Cupcake is ready!!