While trying to stay on a healthy diet plan, I find snack time the hardest meal to stick to without going crazy on fast foods.
Potato chips, tortilla chips, pretty much any sort of chip. I love them all and have absolutely no self control around them, so therefore they are not allowed in the house right now.:D
Baked Zucchini Chips ,I don’t have a lot of self-control with these chips either, but at least I know they are ultra light and healthy. A guilt-free snack I can enjoy anytime I want!
The Zucchini chips are so easy to make and are crispy and irresistible !! Did I mention they are healthy too??
Ok Ok here is the Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini, washed and dried
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp onion powder/celery seed
- 1/2 tsp paprika/red chilli powder/optional
- 1 – 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese(skip it if you want it Vegan)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice the zucchini with a knife or mandolin.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, salt, Italian seasoning , onion powder, paprika and Parmesan cheese. Mix it well.
- Add the zucchini slices to the bowl and toss well so that each slice is coated with the seasoning and cheese.
- Place the zucchini slices on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes watching very closely.Turn after 10- 12 minutes
- When the zucchini starts to show some golden brown spots remove from the oven and set aside.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.