So what’s a Punjabi without his / her Lassi. Lassi is a statutory punjabi drink usually had after meals to help digest food and keep the body cool… It can be made in various flavors and relished anytime during the day!
“Lassi” is made with yogurt and I have my own little twist to it ..made it with pineapple ,yogurt and coconut milk.
so lets get started with this LASSI so we can beat the summer heat.
- 4-6 slices fresh pineapple/ canned
- 1/2 tsp unsalted butter/oil if you want vegan lassi
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup yogurt/Use coconut cream if you want vegan lassi
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add and butter/oil. Once melted, add in 4 pineapple rings and sprinkle brown sugar and salt over top.
- Cook until golden brown and caramely on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Let cool slightly.
- Combine caramelized pineapple, yogurt/coconut cream, Coconut milk ,cardamom and cinnamon in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into glasses .
- Top it with caramelized pineapple and dust it with cinnamon/ optional. Serve immediately..Enjoii!!
- To Make a Vegan Caramelized pineapple lassi you can use coconut cream instead of yogurt.