This post is again close to my heart as I am sharing my grandmothers recipe. It brings back my childhood memories. Every summer, my sister and I would look forward to our vacation at grandmas. Besides all the fun and play, we would look forward for all the ambrosial meals she prepared. Every morning along with our breakfast she would serve us this delicious, all natural, power packed fruit and nut paste that we would always ask for more. My popsicle is inspired by her preparation, just so I could get ‘A’ to consume these healthy nuts and fruits in a form that he loves, Popsicles.
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup figs
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 10 cardamoms
- 8 peppercorns
- Honey to taste
- 8 oz. fat free evaporated milk
- Soak the dry ingredients overnight.
- Make a paste out of the soaked ingredients.
- Add honey to taste to this paste.
- Add fat free evaporated milk.
- Pour it into your Popsicle molds or ice cube trays. If using ice cube trays, pour half the dept of the tray first and allow it to freeze. Then insert the craft sticks and top off the remaining depth with the mixture and allow it to freeze again.
- It’s ready to be served as a evening snack on a hot summer afternoon or as a power packed brain boosting treat.