What happens when “The Crazy Appe lady” gets her hand on her favorite pan ?? :).. She ends up preparing one of her favorite dishes in a healthy no-fry way. Today we are preparing No Fry Taro-root Croquettes. Arbi or Taro-root is one root vegetable that we often make at home and we don’t get bored or tired of eating it.
Here I am presenting a twist to the traditional way of preparing Taro-root. This is a no-fry healthy version of Taro-root croquettes. Its simple, easy and quick to cook. If you do not have an Appe Pan(Aebeleskiver Pan) you could flatten the taro-root mix that you will prepare and shallow fry them in a pan. You can add multiple ingredients like peas, corn, roaster peanuts and so on according to your taste and liking. They taste wonderful and can be served as “Appe”tizers for a sure shot compliment from the guests 🙂
- 6-8 arbi /Taro roots
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- panko bread crumbs/bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- cilantro leaves
- Peel the arbi,then boil it in a pan or pressure cooker with some salt & water till they are completely cooked.
- When warm or cool, mash it
- Add in all the dry spice powders and mix them.
- Now take each piece and flatten it in between your palms.add in the peas(boiled the peas in some water for 2 minutes in the microwave oven).Season the peas with some salt .
- Make a small ball and roll it in the corn starch .Add salt, red chillie powder in the Panko bread crumbs
now roll all the ball in the panko.
- Heat the appe pan , add few drops of oil in each cavity .
- Add them in each cavity on medium heat for 6 – 10 minutes.
- cook the arbi till golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- Serve No Fry Taro-root Croquettes hot or warm with coriander chutney / sweet chutney/Tomato ketchup.