Shrikhand (sweet Greek Yogurt) is a semi soft, sweet and flavored dairy based Indian dessert made from Strained Yogurt also called Chakka in various regions of India. This chakka (Strained Yogurt) is then mixed with sugar and various flavoring agents to make a sweet delicacy called Shrikhand.
Shrikhand is made with various flavors like Rose Shrikhand, Pista Badam Shrikhand etc.
Making Shrikhand is actually very simple, the only time consuming and tough task is to get the perfect Strained Yogurt.
Its a great party pleaser too and can be made ahead of time.
Mango season is here and I am getting inspired to use one of my favorite fruits in my favorite recipes. So here is a quick,simple and super delicious Mango Shrikhand made with Raw Honey instead of Sugar to have a healthy twist and is READY in 10 minutes tops :D… and Did I mention…. its easy to make too?
Raw honey Vs Sugar:Both sweeteners contain glucose and fructose. However, for sugar, in the process of manufacturing, the organic acids, protein, nitrogen elements, enzymes and vitamins in the sugar cane are destroyed, whereas honey, a natural sweetener, subjects only to minimal heating. Also, honey has certain beneficial antioxidant and antimicrobial properties which are not present in table sugar.
Unlike honey, table sugar lacks minerals and vitamins (hence it’s been often called empty calories).
- 1 lb lite sour cream/while observing fast use hung curd
- 1/3 cup Raw honey/ while observing fast use sugar
- 1 tbsp of your favorite nuts /I used pistachios and almonds
- few saffron strands
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- few tbsp pomegranate for garnish
- 1 cup Mango cubes
- In a medium bowl add sour cream then honey ,nuts , cardamon powder and few saffron strands ,mix well .
- Add few saffron strands and little cardamon powder in mango cubes ,Stir gently .
Arranging the shrikhand
- Scoop the chilled shrikhand into serving bowls , top with mango cubes.
- Cover and chill the shrikhand and mango cubes in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- While observing fast you can use hung curd and sugar
Enjoy & Thanks for stopping by!!