Refreshing Watermelon Salad with Feta & Mint.
Nothing screams summer like a wedge of watermelon. Big, sloppy slices of watermelon served at a picnic table are the quintessential summer snack—sweet enough to be dessert and my sons are the biggest watermelon fan in our house.
Such an easy, healthy, juicy, & tasty appetizer for the summer!!
it feels like “Summer in a Bowl” 😀
These simple ingredients come together in just minutes. This salad is perfect as a side dish for your next BBQ, picnic, or potluck!
Did you know??
- Watermelon is very good for our health. (And only 84 calories per wedge!)
- It soothes sore muscles.
- It helps heart health.
- It’s rich in vitamins and minerals, but low in calories.
- It’s a fruit AND a vegetable.
- It’s packed with, well, water.
- 2 cups fresh seedless watermelon/chopped
- 1/3cup feta crumbled
- Fresh mint/finely chopped
- Fresh basil/finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Gently toss melon with feta cheese and mint/basil and lime juice. Serve immediately.
- This salad is best served right away. The lime starts to break down the watermelon if made too far in advance.