Being a Bong I have grown up eating Mishti Doi (Sweetened Yogurt).Came here to the USA ,started missing Mishti Doi.Then I started preparing it at home, not the traditional one but my baked version.It was good enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. Then I started infusing flavors in my doi…Watermelon and mango are one of my son’s favorite ones.
My son is a picky eater and he often throws tantrums in having fruits especially banana. But I am not going to give up on him…..banana is an excellent source of potassium, how can he not have it !!!??? So I made this banana mishti doi with minimum external sugar added..I made it in muffin tins really good for small proportion perfect for single servings.
- 1 cup of banana pulp
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- 3 tbsp of thick curd /you can use Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- Mix the banana pulp (Make a fine paste by using a blender),evaporated milk and the condensed milk.
- Then add the curd, mix well, I used a cake hand mixer to ensure there are no lumps .
- Pour it into a muffin tin.
- Cover it with an aluminum foil. Bake it in 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, the last 5 minutes being uncovered.
Tada, it’s ready to devour!