So me and my kids R2 And R3 love Italian and Mexican cuisines 🙂 who doesn’t??
What happens when we mix these cuisines together?? MAGIC??? You are correct. This Pasta is not only amazing, but protein packed too. The combination of pasta and beans is terrific. You got to make this to believe it.
The pesto is made using fresh basil from my garden .
You can easily change up the flavors, like you can use Cilantro instead of basil or even spinach / Kale 🙂 as per your preference and liking.
It is perfect for picnics, cookouts, and any summer get together. A hint of spice, and a bunch of herbs and vegetables make it not only healthy, but delicious too! It can be served hot or at room temperature.
- 1 cup Basil/cilantro (I have made this Pasta dish with cilantro pesto it turned out awesome )
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese /optional
- Put all ingredients in food processor and blend it.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge.Enjoy it with sandwich & pasta.
- 1 box of whole wheat pasta/boiled
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 Tsp Cheyenne pepper
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper/chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper/chopped
- 3-4tbsp pesto/add more according to your taste
- 2- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Cook pasta as directed on box.
- When pasta is ready drain most of the liquid, leaving a little bit still in the bottom of the pot (about two or three tablespoons).
- Add the olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add in Red and green bell peppers ,black beans and Cheyenne pepper , cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add pesto and water. Mix well in pan until all ingredients are nicely blended. Let it cook for about five more minutes.
- Add pasta to the beans mixture and mix well in pan.
- Add salt to taste and squeeze in some lime juice.. to give that ZIng!!