Schools have started and when my kid come home they want snacks .. so instead of opening any pre packed frozen snack or giving them junk food I prefer to make something healthy at home 😀
The solution is simple.. try these rockin’ baked Tofu nuggets.These bites, made with tofu, cornflakes, chickpea flour and few seasonings are totally zesty and delicious! The best part is, after they are all made up, you only need about 20 minutes in the oven before this snack is ready to go!
They freeze well too.You will love these crispy baked tofu nuggets because they are so tasty & easy to make!!
- 13oz extra tofu/extra firm
- 1/2cup chickpea flour/besan
- 1 cup corn flakes/powdered
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- few Tbsp water
- cooking spray / 2-4 tsp olive oil
- Press tofu for about 10 minutes. Drain tofu, wrap in paper towels or clean tea towel, and place heavy items on top to press. I use a heavy chopping board with some weights on top.
- prepare the coating.
- Combine the chickpea flour,garlic powder and cajun seasoning add in little water and make a batter .
- Slowly add the water, whisking as you go. The coating should be the consistency of pancake batter.
- Cut the tofu into sticks or into nugget sized pieces.
- Combine tofu and coating.
- Put the cornflakes in a food processor and pulse it few times to get a grainy texture .
- Then coat it with the powdered cornflakes.
- Preheat the oven 360*f.
- Line your baking sheets with foil or parchment paper and lightly coat the bottom with cooking spray and set aside.Place the tofu nuggets on a baking sheet .
- Bake the nuggets for about 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- I pan fried one batch.spray some cooking oil to a pan then add in the tofu into the pan .Cook on all sides until golden brown.
- Enjoy it with marinara sauce