This post takes me back to the days when my girls were little. My daughters loved fruits and specially in the form of Raita. I could feed them anything with yogurt. I was lucky that I never had to struggle to make them eat their fruits. So today, on their special request I made this Fruit Raita for lunch . It is a pretty straight forward recipe.
- 2 cups sweetened greek yogurt
- 5 strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 banana, chopped
- 1/2 cup table grapes
- 1 apple, chopped
- 10-12 grapes
- 6-7 cherries
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For tempering
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard leaves
- 1 tsp oil
- Whisk the yogurt and bring it to an even consistency.
- Add chopped fruits. You can add any non citrus fruits of your choice. I used what I had in the refrigerator.
- Add the salt.
- For tempering – Heat a tsp of oil and then add curry leaves and mustard seeds. One the seeds begin to crackle, add the tempering to the yogurt. Mix well.
- Enjoy and let us know if you like it.