Both my kids and R1 love zucchini and its good for you too! A quick and easy side dish your family will love.Tastes great with fish, chicken or even with roti.
This Sabzi is unbelievably easy to make, low calorie (just skip the Parmesan) and its vegan too
you can tweak the ingredients as per your liking … like adding mushrooms or even chicken in it.
Did you know??
Zucchini is one of the very low calorie vegetables; provide only 17 calories per 100 g. It contains no saturated fats or cholesterol. Its peel is good source of dietary fiber .
It is a very good source of potassium, Potassium is a heart-friendly electrolyte and helps bring the reduction in blood pressure and heart rates by countering pressure-effects of sodium
Tips for Buying Zucchini:
When you buy zucchini, ensure that it’s young and sweet in taste. The zucchini squash that has flowers attached are the real fresh and juicy examples. Also, check if the one you are buying is sleek, smooth and firm and has bright-colored skin. It is always advisable to store zucchini in perforated plastic bags inside a refrigerator drawer. Try not to keep zucchini fruit stored for more than 3 days, since they can get damaged in overly cold temperatures. If damaged, you will notice hollow pits in the skin surface of the fruit after you take it out of the refrigerator.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Cup, corn kernels/fresh or frozen
- 2 zucchini, cubed
- 2-3 garlic
- salt to taste
- Ground black pepper
- 2tsp parmesan cheese /optional
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning (or a combination of oregano and thyme)
- Chopped parsley/ for garnish (optional)
- Heat a skillet. Add oil,garlic, onion, Add Zucchini and cook 2-4 min minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning and saute 2 -3 minutes more, donot over cook the Zucchini .
- garnish with parsley/cilantro and some Parmesan(optional).
- Serve it as a side dish, a snack, or an appetizer.