No Fry Zucchini Tots – a way healthier alternative to tater tots, and much tastier too .I have being using the appe pan for quit some time now.Its amazing how i can make most of the fried stuff in this magic pan with few drops of oil. Loved the end result !! I think this is my new favorite way to eat Zucchini. If this doesn’t get the kids to eat their veggies, I don’t know what will.
No Fry Zucchini Tots is a fun recipe to get your kids to eat their veggies with this delicious dish.
These are perfectly crunchy and delightful! My kids R2 and R3 gobbled them up :)
- 2 zucchini/medium/ grated
- 1/2 green onion/ chopped
- 1/2 Avocado/Mashed or potato/boiled
- 2 garlic cloves/ minced
- 1/2 cup yellow corn / frozen
- green chili or to taste
- 1/2 cup Dill leaves(optional if you like it)
- 2-3Tbsp coriander leaves/chopped
- 1/2 Tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 Tsp mint leaves /Pudina/chopped
- 3 Tbsp rice flour
- 2 string cheese/cut it in small cubes( for vegan zucchini tots skip the cheese)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt to taste
- Finely grate zucchini .
- In a chopper add the green onions,garlic, avocado,cilantro, mint leaves ,Dill leaves and pulse it
- Now add crushed mixture to the grated zucchini .
- Also add corn ,rice flour salt and chat masala and mix everything nicely.
- Take the mixture of a size of a lemon ball ,(If you do not have a appe pan make patties and cook them on a pan).
- Add in the string cheese (for vegan version do not add the cheese)
- Heat the appe pan ,add oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot place the zucchini tots in the pan.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side or till it’s light golden brown in color and then flip to cook the other side.
- Enjoy No Fry Zucchini Tots hot or room temperature with green chutney or ketchup.
- Note: You can use Boiled potato if Avocado is not available.
For vegan Zucchini tots skip the cheese.
If you do not have a appe pan make patties and cook them on a pan.
If there is lot of water in the Zucchini .try to squeeze out as much water as you can.
This is the Appe pan we use for making all our appe recipes