Healthy whole Wheat Banana Bread with Oats is Moist quick bread with a tender crumb that’s packed full of fruit and flavor.My boys just loved it 🙂
Best way to use the ripped bananas that are lying around and would be ideal for just this purpose 😀
It was so Quick and Easy to make, even with two “little helpers” R2 and R3!
what are Oats??
- Oat (Avena sativa), is basically a cereal whose seeds are edible and are known by the same name.
- This cereal originated in Scotland and was a staple diet of the Scottish whose meals comprised of cooked oats.
- Oats are mostly purchased in January which has been declared as the National Oatmeal month.
- 1 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/4 cup Pineapple juice/Orange juice/apple sauce
- 1/4 cup Agave/honey (for vegan version use agave or sugar)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Chocolate morsels/optional
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Grease the loaf pan with oil.
- Add wheat flour, Oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl add mashed banana, oil, Agave/honey, cider vinegar, Pineapple juice and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients . Mix it nicely.
- Pour the batter in the greased loaf pan .
- Sprinkle some oats and chocolate morsels and bake for about 45 minutes or till done.
- let it cool for 30 minutes to 45 minutes .
- Enjoy it with cup of coffee like I did or with warm glass of milk like my kiddos 😀