These days as schools have started my kids R2 and R3 have very long day.So for their snacks I try to include as much vegetables as possible.
This power-packed snack is made up of spinach,oats and poha ..This recipes is sure to be enjoyed by people of all age groups especially the kids who love to munch on finger foods like cutlets, tikkis etc…R2 said they looked like” Mutant ninja turtles” 😀 😛
- 1 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 bunch spinach/blanched
- 1/2 cup peas/frozen
- 1 cup oats /powdered
- 1 cup dry poha /puffed rice
- 1/2 tsp Amchur powder
- 2 Tbsp Rice flour
- 2 tbsp Semolina/rawa
- Salt to taste
- Boil potatoes ,pea and carrot .
- Boil spinach
- Add the oats in a food processor and make powder.
- Add puffed rice/poha , oats to the mashed boiled veggies .Mix it properly.
- Add the spinach paste ,salt to taste and chat masala to the mixture and mix it.
- Make cutlet and make shape of smiley with the help oh spoon and pencil .
- Take rice flour and rawa in one plate and place cutlet on Semolina /rawa coat cutlet with it.
- Heat a non stick pan add 1 tbsp oil add in the smiley and cook it for few minutes on each side till is becomes crispy.
- let your kiddos enjoy these spinach smiles with ketchup and see the smile on their face 🙂