A simple and quick snack that can be served during tea time or as a tele snack. When you want quick snack, they make a guilt free healthy snack and can even be consumed regularly.
Peanuts are high in protein and other nutrients and also helps to promote some good cholesterol in the body.
This recipe is not very different from the deep fried version, however this is a guilt-free healthy way to snack it up.
These masala peanuts are made in microwave, they are coated with chickpea flour ,rice flour and spice mix. They are less fattening than the fried ones. They are Gluten Free, Vegan too.
- 4 cups Peanuts/Raw
- 1 cup Gram Flour/Besan
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 1 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Tbsp dry mango powder/Amuchur powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder/Haldi
- 1/2 Tsp Asafetida / Hing
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Few curry leaves/kaddi pataa
- Soak the peanuts in the water for 5 minutes.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together .
- Drain the water completely and add the peanuts to the dry ingredients and toss it gently to coat evenly.
- Add in the chopped curry leaves…the curry leaves give a amazing flavor to the peanuts 🙂
- Grease the microwavable dish with 1tsp oil,spread the peanuts in the plate and drizzle the oil on the peanuts and cook it till it becomes crispy( it took 8 minutes ).
- mix it in between every 2-3minutes.
- Allow it to cool and store it in an air tight container.
Cooking time differs from oven to oven.
Adding curry leaves gives an extra flavor.You can add Mint or Cilantro too.
When it is hot the peanuts may not be crisp but after cooling it will be crispy.