Go nuts this holiday season with Dates & Walnut loaf Cake. This cake is super delicious, soft and moist cake that is a perfect tea time snack and is worth a try. The nutty flavor of dates with walnut is just amazing.
I have made this many times and it’s always delicious! You can skip the nuts of an allergy in the family and it is still good. Especially with a nice, hot cup of coffee in the morning. Yum ! I have Replaced white flour with whole wheat for a healthier version.
Enjoy This No- Egg,No-Butter and No-Refined Sugar Date & Walnut loaf cake.
- 20-25 dates
- 1 1/2 cup milk/for vegan version use any of your choice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil/canola oil/veg oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnut
- Preheat the oven on 350*F
- Soak the dates in warm milk for few hours or just heat the milk and add in the dates foe 15 mins.(Remove the seeds if not using seedless).
- Save few Dates for the batter.
- Blend it into a paste along with the milk in which it is soaked in.
- Add oil and mix.
- Sieve together flour and baking soda. pour in the dates and milk mixture.
- Chop the walnuts and few dates ,coat it with some flour and mix it in the batter.
- Bake the cake in a greased oven dish for 35-40min on 350*F.