We love our breakfast Bulgar Firni (meetha daliya) and Namkeen daliya at my place ..once in a while I like to introduce something new to my family, and believe me when I say this is a HIT !! Its such a easy peasy recipe I give it to R1 in his lunch to office He just adds in the dressing Cilantro chilli dressing and stir.
Bulgar is wheat that’s been parboiled, dried, and cracked into small bits. It will cook quickly and fluff up when steeped in boiling water. It comes in various sizes of grain we’ve seen very fine versions and more heavy-grained versions.
It cooks fast and tastes good. A batch can go into soups, salads, and more to boost your weekly whole-grain quotient.
Store extra in the refrigerator for up to a week.
A full cup of cooked bulgar has only 150 calories, a hearty 8 grams of fiber, and nearly 6 grams of protein.
- 1 cup bulgur/daliya
- 1/3 cup onion/chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper/shimla mirchi/chopped
- 1 small cucumber/chopped
- 1 carrot /grated
- 1/2 cup cilantro/dhaniya
- Few Pomegranate seed/garnish
- 1 cup chickpeas/black beans/any beans of your choice
For the dressing Cilantro chilli dressing
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- fresh cilantro
- 1 jelapeno chillie
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Combine 1 cup medium-grain bulgur and 3 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain, if necessary.
- Meanwhile, Chop all the veggies.
- Combine the cooked bulgur with the veggies, sprinkle salt to taste the salad .
- Toss it with the cilantra chilli dressing, Serve cold.