Holidays are just around the corner. If you are looking for ideas to make something quick and easy for your next party, we have got your covered. Pinwheels have been by far the easiest party food ever. They make a great appetizer and are awesome for lunches too. A few days ago our friends from the Natyarpana School of Dance & Music, requested for some healthy appetizers for the artists during their rehearsal and show. So we made these healthy pinwheels for them. Since this was a party order I made 40 pinwheels out of 14, 10 inch wraps. A lot of the recipes there list cream cheese but I used Neufchatel cheese instead, purely because it’s one-third less fat than regular cream cheese. Mind you these pinwheels are quiet filling.
- 7 Spinach wraps
- 7 Sundried Tomato wraps
- 24 oz. Neufchatel Cheese – available at health food stores
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1.5 cups finely chopped veggies – purple cabbage, bell peppers, carrots.
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp. mixed italian herbs
- 1 tsp dry basil leaves
I am sorry I couldn’t take a picture of the ingredients as I was in a rush. when I make them next time I will upload them.
- Finely chop the vegetables, make sure they are uniform in size. I usually wash my veggies and dry them with a paper towel to make sure I don’t dilute the mixture with the water.
- Add in the Neufchatel cheese to the vegetables. Mix well. Depending on the texture you like you can adjust the cheese and vegetables proportionally.
- Add in the herbs. At this taste your mixture, incase you want to adjust the falvors as per your personal taste.
- Microwave the wraps as per the directions listed on their package. Most of the times it’s 30 seconds.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the wrap. Sprinkle the cheese
- Roll the wrap tight and cut it into equal slices. Ideally the wrap should look like the left sundried tomato(bottom left) rather than the spinach (bottom right).
- If you make them ahead in time, please make sure they are properly covered or sealed so they don’t dry out.