We love Thai cuisine and once in a while I make my family favorite at home..
You wont believe how quickly and easily it comes together. 5 minutes of prep work, and then the sauce is ready in the time it takes for the noodles to cook. You can’t beat that on a busy week night when you just have to get something on the table, and you want it to be fresh, homemade and healthy.
So are you ready to get started?
Fill a pot full of water and bring it to a boil. While you’re waiting on it boil and for the Noodles to cook, do all of your prep work. Chop the carrots,green onions, cucumber, chilli and cilantro. Then make the sauce in a small mixing bowl combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, sriracha, peanut butter ( I prefer the crunchy one), honey and grated Ginger & garlic . mix it vigorously until smooth 🙂
- 12 oz noodles/boiled/I have used Chow mein noodles you can use rice noodles too
- 1 cucumber/ seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 2 green onions/chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup peanuts/ Roasted /roughly chopped
- 2 Carrot/sliced into thin strips
- 1 thai chilli
- 1/2 cup peanut butter/crunchy or smooth
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey/agave for vegan version
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- 1 inch ginger/grated
- 2 garlic/grated
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil/veg oil
- Cook Noodles according to directions listed on package.
- Meanwhile prepare peanut sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl, whisking until well blended and smooth.
- Drain Noodle and pour into a large serving bowl.
- Toss in the veggies and pour in the Peanut sauce toss lightly.
- Sprinkle with Roasted peanuts & green onion and serve.