Guys this last weekend was crazy busy. Anvita’s family was visiting us and the agenda was to record some video’s for the YouTube channel and brainstorm with ideas. We were able to accomplish quite a bit of it. As some of you already know that we also tried Facebook’s new feature FacebookLive, where one can stream a live video while on Facebook either publicly or to a private audience by invite. So we streamed a live audio to the public for 2 hours on Saturday during our cooking marathon and folks got to see us behind the scenes and got a flavor of what goes on behind a food blog. For those who you who missed our live stream, we will shortly be sharing the videos with you. We will share more details about the live stream in a different post this week. So those of you who haven’t explored FacebookLive yet and want to learn more about it, stay tuned.
This years its Carolina(Panthers) & Denver(Broncos), and R1 and R2 are rooting for the Broncos they think its a better team of the two.
The Healthy Baked Onion Rings are the perfect appetizer for your big football party or any gatherings . With only 8 ingredients and 20 minutes in the oven, it can be prepped and done during halftime. What else you can ask for?
Onion rings are extremely popular both in various restaurants and freezer section of any supermarket store . They’re Crispy, lip smacking and deep fried. Happily, my skinny ones are baked not fried! These make a fantastic appetizer and a healthy snack for you and the kids. Watch them disappear quickly. They are that gooood! and most important… the crunch is LOUD and not loaded with oil :-)…
Quick and insanely delicious baked onion rings. These are No fuss, no messy deep frying, and still have all of the flavor you love 😀
The best GameDay snack recipe with a healthy twist . GameOnSnackOn
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups baked cornflakes/ crushed/powdered
- 1/2 Tsp red chilli powder
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk/ Milk+ lemon juice
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 large Vidalia onions/sweet onion/ peeled
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet slightly with oil and set aside.
- Place cornflakes in the bowl of a food processor and process into crumbs. Transfer to a shallow bowl, add cayenne, and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk, 2 tablespoons of flour, salt and pepper and set aside. Slice onions into 1/2-inch circles and separate into rings, keeping only large, whole rings (reserve rest of onions for other uses). You should come out with about 12 to 14 rings.
- Place the remaining flour in a bowl, then add onions, and coat the onion rings.
- Dip the onions 1 at a time into the buttermilk mixture, then dip into cornflake powder and place on baking sheet.
- Spray oil evenly over rings and bake for 20 minutes, or until coating is crisp.
Below is the 2 minute video recipe for you. If you land up making these onion rings, don’t forget to share your reviews with us. Also since this is our first video, what do you think about it. We would love some feedback from you. If you like the video, give us a thumbs up and help us spread the word about our YouTube launch by sharing it with friends and family. Tell us who are you rooting for?