Who does not like to munch on chips? They are one of the most highly addictive snacks. So today I am sharing with you one of my favorite snacks . I simply love Terra chips that you get at Costco. They are good and whoa they are like $6 a bag :P. Not too good on the pocket and yes they have preservatives and other unknown elements.
I love the Taro chips & beet chips from the bag and are very addictive. :D…
Turns out slicing some taro root and baking them is way cheaper than buying them from stores and again you now what is in there. I made one batch last week and one batch yesterday with different flavors and you can add what ever flavors you want :D
Note: Keep a close watch on the chips to ensure that they do not over brown. Cooking times will vary with thickness of taro root/arbi slices and the proximity to heating elements. Forgot to mention one more thing don’t chat with your friends & Don’t check your FB while these chips are being baked:P. These chips can scorch in seconds. Believe me when I say say this ..coz it has happened to me .
- 4 medium size taro root/peeled / sliced thin on a mandoline
- olive oil spray
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tsp chat masala/optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- line the baking sheets with parchment paper or foil paper and spray lightly with olive oil. Set aside
In a bowl combine the sliced taro root, salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Spread chips evenly onto the baking sheet ,spray olive oil and bake until crisp and light golden for 10-12minutes.
- Some chips make cook faster than others coz of the size and the thickness , so check the oven frequently after the 6-7 minute and remove any chips that have cooked .
- Transfer the chips to a plate to cool and sprinkle chat masala /optional while still warm.