The BEST deviled egg recipe you’ll ever make..You may want to double up the quantity…they go really fast :D.
Avocados & Eggs are a huge hit in our house. R2 & R3 love this healthy after school snack. I love that it’s an easy paleo snack that’s high protein, full of healthy fat, and made with few ingredients.
They are so light, creamy, flavorful and easy to make. They are sure to be a hit at your next party.
Rich, creamy and flavorful, avocados are a versatile fruit that add heft and health to many dishes. While avocados have a high fat content, they are also packed with nutrients and are a great way to add healthy fat to your diet.
According to California Avocado Commission fresh avocados contain lycopene and beta-carotene, which are important carotenoid antioxidants. The highest concentration of these antioxidants is located in the dark green flesh closest to the peel.Antioxidants help reduce cell damage.
Give this delicious deviled egg recipe a try and feed anyone from hungry party goers to busy kids on the way to school! The simple ingredients and quick prep time make this bite-sized snack an instant go-to.
Looking for a last minute appetizer idea? You can’t go wrong with deviled eggs
- 4 hard boiled eggs/ cut in half
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp cilantro/chopped
- Sprinkle with paprika>>>>>>this gives the PUNCH!!
- Boil the egg…. I love this product (Nordic Ware Microwave Egg Boiler ), I have being using this for past 14 years and have got PERFECT hard boil eggs ALWAYS .
- Remove the cooked yolks from the hard boiled eggs into a bowl and keep it aside(I have not used the boiled egg yolks in the recipe ,coz my little one R3 does not like it, but if you like you can mix it with avocado mix).
- How to check if the avocado is ripe .
- Being able to gently squish them also means that they’re ripe. Another way to tell if they’re ready to eat is to discard the stem. If it gives easily and it’s light green underneath, then it’s ready.
- Add the avocado in a separate bowl and add some lime juice .
- Add chopped cilantro and salt to taste and mash together with a fork.
- Add the mixture to the egg halves.
- Sprinkle with paprika & Enjoy!!