Uttapams are one of our favorite south Indian breakfast. The one great thing about semolina is that it cooks in a jiffy, without any pre-soaking, fermentation etc. As a result, it lends itself to a lot of quick-fix recipes such as these delicious Instant Semolina Uttapams, which is also a part of our 1 Batter 7 Dishes post. Perfect for a snack, breakfast or party food too 😀
- 1 cup semolina /Sooji
- 1 cup yogurt /dahi
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup carrot/grated
- 2 tbsp green chillies/chopped
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
- Combine the semolina and Yogurt in a bowl and mix well, add water if required.
- Cover and keep aside for 10-20 minutes.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, pour a ladleful of batter and spread it in circular motion to make a uttapam.
- Top it with little onions,carrots and green chillies.(or any veggies of your liking)
- Once cooked from one side,pour some oil or ghee and turn over to cook from the other side.
- Serve hot with carrot chutney
For more recipes sing Semolina batter click here