Hey guys, before we dive into today’s post I wanted to let you know that we are hosting a giveaway with some of our favorite kitchen tools and a gift card. So if you love freebies, make sure you don’t miss out on this Giveaway. To check out the give away click here
Cake in a cooker (pressure).. Sounds interesting isn’t it ? and poetical too.. :-). We have posted a lot of healthy cake recipes on our blog and have been asked by numerous people the proper way to make the same recipe in a pressure cooker. I remember that my mom used to make amazing cakes in pressure cooker (the conventional ovens were way too expensive then) when we were kids. As the number of requests were increasing, my interest to know the exact procedure and content also increased.
When I could not resist the temptation anymore, I called up my mom and asked her to share her secret of making fluffy, moist and soft cakes every time. As always she guided me through the steps and here I present to you her tricks. I must say it was such a easy peasy no fuss cake.
This Semolina cake is as easy as it can get. Its egg-less and yet so fluffy, nice, soft and moist. Perfect is the word!!
No egg & No Butter….. however what comes out is a moist cake with lovely fresh fragrance of cardamom & saffron.
- 1-1/2 cup Semolina /Rava
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Yoghurt/dahi
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Raw Sugar /white sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp Mixed dry fruits/kesar powder
- Add cardamom powder and sugar in the semolina.
- Add in the oil , yogurt and mix it.
- Add in the half milk and dry fruit powder ,mix it well.
- Cover the batter and leave it for 15 -20 mins.
- Heat 3 cups of water in a 5 liter pressure cooker keep a rack/stand,keep the lid on it and keep the flame on low and let the water come to a boil.
- In the meanwhile, grease the cake pan(That fits the cooker) with oil.
- After 15 minutes, add the remaining milk and mix well.
- Add in the baking soda and baking powder , give it a nice stir .
- Pour the batter in the cake pan .
- Sprinkle some powdered dry fruit on the cake.
- Make sure that water level is below the stand.
- Slowly place the pan on the stand in the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid (without whistle and the rubber) and cook it for 25 minutes on low flame.
- After 25 minutes, open the lid and check the cake with toothpick.
- Increase the flame to high and cook it for few minute without putting the lid on.
- Remove the cake pan and let the cake cool.
- Run a knife around the edges of the cake , keep a plate and flip the pan and remove the cake.
- Sprinkle some more chopped dry-fruits if you like.
- Enjoy the cake with a hot cup of tea or coffee. Kids can enjoy the cake with milk 🙂
- Follow us on Facebook to stay updated with all the healthy information we share. Check out our Pinterest boards for all the healthy eating inspiration you’ll ever need. For an unending buffet of healthy photographed food, follow us on Instagram