This is one snack that I and R1, my hubby love to the core. We both grew up eating No Fry Bread Rolls for an evening snack or breakfast. I still remember how I always relished these rolls, everytime my mom made them. So here I am yet again, sharing this recipe for No Fry Bread Rolls straight out of mom’s kitchen.
- 2 potatoes, boiled
- 1/4 cup indian cottage cheese / paneer, grated /optional
- 1 tbsp, cheese /optional
- 1/3 cup peas/optional
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 green chilies,
- 1/2 tsp, black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 8 whole wheat slices of bread
- Salt as per taste
- Mix the potatoes,peas, onions, paneer, cheese, chilies, ginger, black pepper, coriander powder and salt.
- Trim the edges of the bread slices & roll it with a rolling pin.
- In a bowl full of water, dip the slice of bread and quickly squeeze out the excess water.
- Take equal portions of the mixture and make small balls out of it.Place the above mixture in the bread and bring the edges together to close it in a shape of a ball.
- Add a few drop of oil into each cavity of the appe pan and heat them. Cook the balls for approx. 5 minutes on each side on medium heat, until they are golden brown.
- the trick to get a nice color to the bread rolls are to keep one or two cavities empty , so you just have to turn them into to the empty cavity
- Serve the No Fry Bread rolls with ketchup or spicy sauce.
- If you liked this recipe and need some ideas and inspiration to enjoy guilt-free cooking, check out our most popular post on the blog : 30 Appe Pan Recipes, Tips & Video . If you would like to buy the Appe pan, we recommend buying the Tabakh brand from Amazon.