I am sure you have heard the proverb “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade“. I took it literally. So when mother nature gave us so many days of snow days, we make snow ice cream :). Yes, you read it right, ice cream made out of fresh snow. Never heard of that before, neither did I until I was wondering how do I keep my kids engaged since schools were closed. It’s a perfect treat for the kids and an enticing way to add some fruits to their treat :)
If you’re never made snow ice cream before, it literally couldn’t be easier than this. You literally need 5 minutes to mix a few ingredients (easily available in your kitchen) and some sprinkles, to sprinkle on top.
- 8 cups clean snow or shaved ice (more or less depending on the density of the snow)
- 1/2 cup Milk /Sweetened Almond milk / Soy milk/ Condensed milk (milk of your choice)
- If using milk you will need to add sugar or honey to taste.
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Rose syrup / Roohafzza / Strawberry Syrup / Khus Syrup / Chocolate /Caramel sauce
- Fresh fruits available at home to go with your choice of sauce / syrup ( Strawberries, Raspberries, Mangoes, Bananas, Kiwis)
- I kept a empty bowl in my patio to collect some fresh snow. The picture #3 below was my bowl kept outside.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, sugar & vanilla together until completely mixed. I used almond milk. Add in the snow to the ingredients, and immediately stir it into the milk mixture until you reach your desired consistency, thick & fluffy . You don’t want it to be too runny as it melts quickly.
- Top with sprinkles or other ice cream toppings (sauce / syrups of your choice) if desired. I used my left over Christmas toppings. You are all done, its ready to be served.
Now dive into it right away!