So Friday nights at my home is usually a “Mommy experiment day”. It’s a time of the week when I can take calculated risks while preparing food and ensure that nobody gets hurt :-). While R1 & R2 are super scared of what I am gonna make for them, R3 is super cool with whatever I serve him. Quesadillas are absolutely a go-to recipe in our household for a quick meal; some minor changes in this Tex -mix favorite dish and we have a healthy & yummy Appetizer or an entrée ready in a jiffy…you can add grilled chicken,tofu , mushrooms..the stuffings can be endless:)
This is a really simple recipe and the result is always delicious. It can serve as an excellent finger food for get-togethers, keeping in mind that the cricket world cup fever is ON. Broccoli Quesadillas made with tortillas takes only few minutes to prepare and the final dish is healthy and delicious, perfect for quick snack,lunch or dinner. You can use any leftover cooked broccoli or you can just cook the broccoli especially for this recipe.
Did u know:
- Broccoli is high in vitamin C and dietary fiber.
- It also contains multiple nutrients with potent anti-cancer properties.
- A single serving provides more than 30 mg of vitamin C and a half-cup provides 52 mg of vitamin C
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed and chopped
- 1 cup cheese, shredded/I prefer 4cheese blend,You can use whatever you have in your fridge
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder/ minced 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp coriander and cumin powder
- 4 flour tortillas any size /you can use home made plan or spinach roti too
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Mix the chopped broccoli, corn and cheese add in the salt ,coriander and cumin powder & some garlic powder (Oops forgot to add in the ingredients picture )
mix it well
Heat a cast iron pan pour in some oil then place the tortilla and add in the veggie mix top it with one more tortilla
It will take few minutes on each side.Till all crispy and golden . serve it with light sour cream and lettuce