I know I have said this often, however I will say it one more time… 😉 I Love making Sauces and Dips at home, as they are quick , easy and the most important part is you know what goes in it .
Today I am going to make Eggless mayo in under a “Minute”. Yes, one minute is all it takes to enjoy creamy homemade mayonnaise.
Why Choose Eggless Mayonnaise??
There are several reasons to select an eggless mayonnaise. Eggless mayonnaise can be lower in total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol than regular mayonnaise. People who are watching their cholesterol intake may consider eggless mayonnaise a good dietary substitution.This product is also a great alternative for people who have egg allergies.
- 1/4 cup ice cold 2% milk /you can use whole milk too
- 1/4 cup olive Oil/canola oil( you can use 1/2 cup of oil too for more thicker consistency )
- small cucumber/grated/squeeze all the water
- 1 small clove of garlic/minced
- 1 tbsp Cilantro/chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- black pepper powder
- Place the immersion blender into the cup which has Milk,oil,garlic,cilantro and lemon juice
- Start slowly pulsing the mixture. In a few seconds you will see the mayo begin to form at the bottom.
- You can move the immersion lightly up and down to finish.
- The whole process should take no more than one minute.
- Remove mayonnaise into a container add salt and black pepper powder to taste .
- Add in the grated cucumber.Squeeze all the water
- Mix it will cover tightly and store in refrigerator for up to one week.
If you use extra virgin olive oil it will give a bitter taste.
I have used Immersion blender to make the mayo.. I do not know how will it turn out in a regular blender .So if you try in a blender please do let me know how it turned out 🙂
Spread it on bread and make finger sandwiches or have it with baked veggies.