Homemade potato chips! Oil-free and easy to prepare, these chips are perfect for satisfying your crunchy, salty cravings. A cheaper, healthier, low-fat alternative to store bought chips, you’ll be surprised at how crispy they turn out in the microwave.
Cut the calories not the crunch!!
- 2 large potato/ yellow gold/ white or red
- Spices/ garlic powder/ seasoning salt/ cayenne pepper/ any other of your choice
- If the potatoes are new or good skins, no need to peel, just wash them well, then slice them thin.I used a Mandolin.
- Place potato slices in a bowl, cover with cold water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove potato slices onto paper towel and pat it dry.
- Pour some oil and sprinkle with your choice of herbs or spices or just leave them plain.
- Then place the sliced potatoes flat on the tray/rack in a single layer/use a microwave safe casserole dish.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes or until they curl slightly and are a very light brown in color.
- Cooking time could vary slightly, depending on the wattage of your microwave and the thickness of the slices.
- The thinner the slices, the quicker they cook and the tastier they are.