Beet root is good for the heart, mind, is natures effective way of managing hangover. Yep you read it right… Now with so many benefits, one would want to add beetroot to every dish, but lets not get carried away so easily…. remember excess of anything is not good :-)
Well presenting you an interesting take on our favorite samosas using beetroot.
Light, crispy Samosas bursting with flavors ,they are different from the usual samosa… I have stuffed it with beetroot,Puffed rice and coconut.
If you are time pressed, you’ll appreciate this easy to make, healthy, semi homemade samosa.
They are also an irresistible after school snack.
I often serve them as a starter/snack..
- Fillo sheets
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds /ria
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds/zeera
- Half Onion/small /chopped
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 Beetroot/ chopped
- 1/4 cup Green peas
- 1/4 tsp Fennel seed powder/sauf
- 1tbsp freshly grated coconut
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp Puffed rice/Poha
- Add oil in pan and when it gets hot, add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add cumin seeds, finely chopped onion, green chillies, ginger, once these are salted then add finely chopped beetroot and green peas.
- Add fennel seed powdered, salt, freshly grated coconut and stir well. Allow this to cook. Add pinch of garam masala, mix and cook for few mins.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves, puffed rice, mix well.
- Allow it to cool.
- preheat the oven at 375*f
- Carefully take out a Fillo pastry sheet
- Fold the sheet as shown in the pic (in thirds).
- Place a small scoop of the filling on the right end of the folded sheet.
- Follow the pictures below to make the triangle with the stuffing.
- Follow the same instructions for the rest of the sheets.
- Grease a large baking tray with oil .
- Place the triangles carefully on to the tray,brush some oil on them and bake till it turns golden brown for 15 – 20minutes.
So light ,crispy and tasty .Serve it with spicy green chutney!!