Chicken Nuggets…. one of the most favorite food of Kids.. Most restaurants offer this on the kids menu and almost all of them choose this option…. Like i said “Kids love fast food ” and my kids (R2 and R3 )are no different and are a huge fans of chicken nuggets!! No matter where you buy this stuff from (stores, restaurants etc), the number of ingredients is huge and lot of it is unknown. The nuggets that I made below has ONLY 4 ingredients!! yes you read it correct “4” ingredients.
Although I dislike the deep-frying, unhealthy fast food, I do welcome the idea of creating healthy “fast food” for my family. These baked chicken nugget are one low-in-fat “fast food” version that I can’t wait to share with you.
These are beautifully golden without having to pre-bake the crumbs and Did I mention they are real easy to make too
- 1 lb minced chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1 cup finely crushed corn flakes from 2½ cups cereal
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse 2½ cups corn flakes in a food processor until fine crumbs form .
- Combine minced chicken , garlic ,salt. mix well
- With wet hands, roll and flatten chicken into small nugget patties, using about 1 Tbsp of the meat mixture for each nugget. Roll the nugget into bread crumbs, pressing gently so that the crumbs stick to the chicken.
- Transfer nuggets to lined baking sheet and bake at 375˚F for 15 min on the middle rack or just until cooked through, flipping them over half way through baking. Remove from oven and let nuggets rest a few minutes before serving.
- Don’t over-bake your nuggets or they will start to get dry.
Freezing a batch of breaded chicken nuggets
(Freezing Tip: You can freeze them once they are breaded; freeze them flat for 1 hour, then transfer to ziploc bags or a air tight container and store up to 3 months. When ready to bake them, bake frozen nuggets as directed).