As soon as summer kicks in, my body automatically craves for salads. It could be the simplest form of cut cucumbers with some salt and lemon juice. However I like to have something light and flavorful along with my meal. The other day I had small quantities of a few vegetables in my refrigerator which I decided to use. Nothing fancy, just a little twist to the regular house salad.It is crunchy, simple and yet refreshing.
1 cup chopped, Iceberg Lettuce
7-8 Spinach leaves
2-3 Basil Leaves
1 chopped Tomato
1 chopped Sweet Pepper
1 chopped Cucumber
For the Dressing
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Crushed black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Mixed Italian herbs seasoning to taste
1/2 lemon, juiced.
- Chop all the veggies except for Spinach leaves.
- Mix all the veggies together.
- For the dressing drizzle some olive oil and add the condiments. Add lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly and let it cool in the refrigerator.
- Within a few minutes it is ready to be served.