Baked fire-cracker shrimps – No one would ever believe that these crisp, spicy shrimps are actually baked, not fried! And they’re so easy to make!
They are so much healthier and so quick and easy to make. it is so versatile, so feel free to add in your favorite meat(s) or veggie(s) in it.
These golden beauties are best eaten hot and crispy:), but be careful not to burn your mouth !!
- 12 shrimp fresh/frozen
- 6 phillo sheet / spring roll wrappers (I used phillo )
For the Marinade
- 3 tbsp of Sriracha /red chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp Oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- sesame seed
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Salt to taste
- Marinade for the shrimp. In a shallow bowl add the sriracha /hot sauce, soy sauce, peanut butter,vinegar, sesame ,oil and honey.
- Then grate the fresh peeled garlic cloves, directly into the bowl.
- Stir all the ingredients well to mix them.
- Toss the shrimp in the bowl and gently mix them around with a spoon to coat them well in the marinade. Cover and place the marinated shrimp in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- After the shrimp has had some time to soak in all those flavors. Prepare the wrapping by placing an phillo sheet /spring roll wrapper on a cutting board diagonally so it looks like a triangle.(If using spring roll sheet) cut it in half so it looks like a triangle and repeat with the rest of the wrappers.
- Place a shrimp on left side of the wrapper with the tail sticking out and fold over the left corner wrapping the shrimp as tightly as you can.
- Then fold the top corner down, making sure to cover the top end of the shrimp.Roll the shrimp as tightly as possible and as straight as you can manage until there’s just a little corner left.
- Repeat the same wrapping method for the rest of the shrimp.
- Preheat the oven 375F*
- Brush some oil on the baking sheet .
- Place the wrapped shrimps on the tray and brush some oil top . Bake it for 6-8 minutes n each side ,its done when the sheet is all golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with some sweet and spicy dipping sauce. Enjoy!