Everyone loves samosas,my mom loves them too,however due to various restrictions she cannot have a lot of fried food.She has diabetes so she tries to avoid potatoes too.So what to do if she wishes to have samosa…??? I came up with the idea of baked samosa with very little aloo and a bowl full of rajma.Rajma’s nutrition and aloo’s taste makes it a yum combination. .good for mom as well as kids.
For the dough :
- 1 cup All purpose flour/ Maida
- 1/2 cup Whole wheat flour/atta
- a pinch carom seeds /Ajwain
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 potato
- Bowl full Red kidney beans/ Rajma/boiled
- Pinch Asafetida powder/ hing
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds/ jeera
- 1 Tsp dry mango powder/amchuran powder / chat masala
- 1 Tsp Coriander powder/ Dhania powder
- half Tsp turmeric powder/Haldi
- salt to taste
- 1 green chilli
- few Cilantro leaves/dhania leaves
- 2 Tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp oil
- For the sabzi,heat oil put the cumin seeds let it splatter add the hing,Ginger garlic paste.
- Cook for a little while then add the aloo and the spices and green chilli,when the the aloo is a little cooked add the the cilantro leaves.
- Mix the boiled rajma and cook it off.Your filling is ready.
- Make the dough by mixing all the ingredients in the following order.
- Mix the oil and carom seeds/ajwain together with whole wheat flour /atta and APF /maida ,mix well.
- Add about half a cup of water to make the dough.
- It should not be too soft or too hard. Keep it aside by covering with a damp cloth for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough in 5 equal pieces. Take one piece, roll a small roti out of it.
- Cut it in half.
- Put a little water with your finger on the straight part of one half and dab it.Put the half within your two fingers and make it into the shape ad shown in the picture.
- Put the filling inside with a spoon.Make the samosa by dabbing a little bit of water every time you make a fold or try to join any part.
- Follow the pictures.
- After the samosas are made put them in a cookie sheet brush them with some oil and bake then at 375 degrees for approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- Turn them over after 20 minutes.
Tadaaa Samosas are ready. ..Enjoy No – guilt Samosa.