The other day, we were invited for a potluck and the hosts asked me to get something spicy. So I decided to bake some stuffed Jalapenos. Now most recipes that I have come across use either hald and half portions of cream cheese and sour ‘cream’ again or either completely use cream cheese. I wanted to go light on the version so I made use of hung curd/yogurt. I sampled a smaller batch before making a bigger batch for the potluck and voila!!! My skinny baked jalapenos turned out be to equally good without compromising on the taste with lesser calories. BTW, since I was making these late evening, I didn’t ave any natural light to take good pictures, so please make do with these pictures for now. I hope to make this during the day time soon, will upload better pictures then.
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 8 jalapenos, halved and deseeded
- 2 tsp. herbs of your choice / mixed italian herbs
- Garlic salt
- 2 tbsp. shredded four mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thoroughly wash jalapenos and cut them into halves lengthwise.
- Deseed them. Since I wanted my Jalapenos to be on the spicer side, I didn’t completely deseed them. However even if you deseed them completely, you will still be able to enjoy the hot Jalapenos.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, hung curd, herbs and salt and mix well.
- Fill the jalapenos with the above mixture.
- Sprinkle some cheese over it.
- Bake them at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- I served them warm using the stuffing mixture as a dip, although it is not required. After the sample batch was successful, I made a whole big batch for the potluck using 25 Jalapenos which resulted into 50 pieces.