A few days ago, I made these Skinny Baked Jalapenos for a potluck and everybody seemed to relish them. Spicy dishes are always a big hit amongst Indian crowd. However there was one family that didn’t consume spicy food at all. Since everybody else relished the Jalapenos, they were feeling left out. So to make it up to them, I made a mild, non spicy version of the same with Sweet Mini Peppers and they turned out to be amazing too. Ofcourse my first choice is the Jalapenos.
I was also thinking, the next time I am serving Jalapenos to the grown ups, I will make this version for the kids. You have the option of baking them or consuming them as is. I personally liked both, as in one the texture is soft while the no-bake version the sweet peppers remain crunchy. Although this recipe is pretty much self explanatory, for a pictorial step by step recipe please refer to the Skinny Baked Jalapenos
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) low fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 8 mini sweet peppers, halved and deseeded
- 2 tsp. herbs of your choice / mixed italian herbs
- Garlic salt
- 2 tbsp. shredded four mexican cheese
- Thoroughly wash the peppers and cut them into halves lengthwise.
- Deseed them.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, hung curd, herbs and salt and mix well.
- Fill the peppers with the above mixture.
- Sprinkle some cheese over it. (Ran out of my camera battery so had to take a photo from my mobile before these peppers vanished)
- You can either bake them at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Or just enjoy them as is, raw.